Seahouses Youth ProjectThe Project offers a wide range of opportunities for young people between the ages of 12 and 25 of Seahouses and the surrounding area.
We aim to:
- Provide safe, secure, happy environments for young people to meet and learn in informal settings
- Offer support and guidance without distinction of sexual, political, religious or other opinion
- Enable young people to access information and advice on issues important to them
- Offer informal social education opportunities in a non judgemental way.
- All projects/sessions are run by enthusiastic experienced youth workers.
The main activities currently happening at the project are:
- Informal information advice and guidance available from trained youth workers when required
- Connexions : We work with Connexions to provide Information, Advice and Guidance for Young People 13 – 19 years old
- Young Rangers
- Flower Power Project
- Open College Network accredited learning courses.
Information, Advice & Guidance Tuesdays 10am – 4pm or by arrangement
Connexions Thursday afternoons.
Youth Club For years 8 & 9 to be arranged
Since the year 2005 Seahouses Youth Drop In has received funding from the following Trusts and Organisations:
- Northern Rock Foundation
- European GOLD Fund
- Sir James Knott Trust
- The Joicey Trust
- 1989 Willan Trust
- Berwick-Upon-Tweed Borough Council
- Seahouses and District Rotary Club
- Northumberland County Council
- The Dulverton Trust
- Lord Crewe’s Charity
- The Community Foundation
- Local Network Fund
You can contact Seahouses Youth Project:
62 -64 Main Street
Telephone: 01665 721868
Fax: 01665 721865
E mail: email@example.com