Seahouses Hostel is situated near to the pretty coastal fishing village of Seahouses in north Northumberland. It is approximately 50 miles north of Newcastle upon Tyne; 25 miles south of Berwick upon Tweed and 15 miles from Alnwick.
Originally a girls’ school and the farm outbuildings of a former vicarage, the property was converted to a hostel in 1989; an extensive renovation and new build was completed in early 2017 enabling you to enjoy a spacious, bright, comfortable and relaxing visit with exclusive use of our facilities which include:
- We can now accommodate up to 42 guests within our dormitories and two en-suite twin leaders’ rooms
- Two comfortable living rooms and a large dining room
- A fully equipped Kitchen ideal for catering to large or small groups
- Ample shower and toilet facilities
- Central heating
- A laundry and drying room
- A range of indoor activities, games and books
- A large enclosed garden and play area for games and relaxation or the occasional barbeque
- A range of outdoor games equipment
- Table tennis and a pool table
- Free wifi
North Northumberland has a coastal region that is second to none for natural beauty and places of historic interest. The hostel is a very short walk from the pretty coastal fishing village of Seahouses and a visit to the beautiful Farne Islands is only a boat ride away from Seahouses harbour, where you can see the large grey seal colony and bird sanctuary. Alternatively, you can walk a little further along the glorious sandy beaches and visit the historic Bamburgh Castle or the Grace Darling Museum not forgetting to visit the rock pools on your way. There is always time for an ice cream, but make sure you leave room for fish and chips by the harbour. After such a busy day you will be eager to return to the comfort of the hostel. Tomorrow, maybe a trip to the Holy Island of Lindisfarne – make sure you check the tide times!
Price per night: £19-£25pp; Children, Recognised youth groups & leaders: £16pp; Under 5s free. Min two night booking
Open: All year – arrive after 4pm, depart by 10am unless otherwise agreed.
Booking: Essential. Please contact the Warden by telephone or e-mail to check the dates you want.
Telephone: 07531 305206